Internet connection problem with A7N8X-E DELUXE and WIFI-b

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
August 23, 2004 7:18:37 AM

OS - Win XP Pro.
When I install the wifi-b card, the wireless connection is OK and the
ADSL connection to the Internet is OK, I have been automatically
assigned an IP address, but I get 'page not found' in IE. This happens
before, and after installing the adapter utility. If I uninstall the
card, I still cannot access any pages in IE.
I have tried:
1) Installed the latest driver and utility from ASUS.
2) Enabling ICS in the ADSL connection.
3) Disabling McAfee Internet security and firewall.
4) Running XP internet sharing wizard after installing the card.

I have to use system restore to get back onto the Internet!

The lovely people at ASUS want me to call a support line in America (I
live in Belgium).
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 23, 2004 4:06:58 PM

On 23 Aug 2004 03:18:37 -0700, barny@skynet.be (barny) wrote:

>OS - Win XP Pro.
>When I install the wifi-b card, the wireless connection is OK and the
>ADSL connection to the Internet is OK, I have been automatically
>assigned an IP address, but I get 'page not found' in IE. This happens
>before, and after installing the adapter utility. If I uninstall the
>card, I still cannot access any pages in IE.
>I have tried:
>1) Installed the latest driver and utility from ASUS.
>2) Enabling ICS in the ADSL connection.
>3) Disabling McAfee Internet security and firewall.
>4) Running XP internet sharing wizard after installing the card.
>
>I have to use system restore to get back onto the Internet!
>
>The lovely people at ASUS want me to call a support line in America (I
>live in Belgium).

Check that the Win XP firewall is not/has not been enabled.

Cheers,

Guy

** I may not be perfect, but I'm
** English, and that's the next best thing!
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 23, 2004 4:51:56 PM

"barny" <barny@skynet.be> wrote in message
> OS - Win XP Pro.
> When I install the wifi-b card, the wireless connection is OK and the
> ADSL connection to the Internet is OK, I have been automatically
> assigned an IP address, but I get 'page not found' in IE. This happens
> before, and after installing the adapter utility. If I uninstall the
> card, I still cannot access any pages in IE.
> I have tried:
> 1) Installed the latest driver and utility from ASUS.
> 2) Enabling ICS in the ADSL connection.
> 3) Disabling McAfee Internet security and firewall.
> 4) Running XP internet sharing wizard after installing the card.
>
> I have to use system restore to get back onto the Internet!
>
> The lovely people at ASUS want me to call a support line in America (I
> live in Belgium).

Start/Programs/Accessories/Communications/Internet Connection Wizard (I have
2k so maybee this isnt on XP)

Google Internet Connection Wizard
http://www.housing.uiuc.edu/technology/URHnet/Resources...

This is probably your problem
Related resources
August 26, 2004 8:21:13 AM

"rstlne" <.@text.news.virgin.net> wrote in message news:<MLlWc.1605$G61.353@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net>...
> "barny" <barny@skynet.be> wrote in message
> > OS - Win XP Pro.
> > When I install the wifi-b card, the wireless connection is OK and the
> > ADSL connection to the Internet is OK, I have been automatically
> > assigned an IP address, but I get 'page not found' in IE. This happens
> > before, and after installing the adapter utility. If I uninstall the
> > card, I still cannot access any pages in IE.
> > I have tried:
> > 1) Installed the latest driver and utility from ASUS.
> > 2) Enabling ICS in the ADSL connection.
> > 3) Disabling McAfee Internet security and firewall.
> > 4) Running XP internet sharing wizard after installing the card.
> >
> > I have to use system restore to get back onto the Internet!
> >
> > The lovely people at ASUS want me to call a support line in America (I
> > live in Belgium).
>

> Start/Programs/Accessories/Communications/Internet Connection Wizard (I have
> 2k so maybee this isnt on XP)
>
> Google Internet Connection Wizard
> http://www.housing.uiuc.edu/technology/URHnet/Resources...
>
> This is probably your problem

I had already tried that without luck. My PC contains a ADSL modem
that will be used by other PCs connecting to this PC.
August 26, 2004 8:22:49 AM

Dr Teeth <no_email_here_please@tardis.com> wrote in message news:<ptjji01ra86tdrrc3gc1auu7170sc42ejn@4ax.com>...
> On 23 Aug 2004 03:18:37 -0700, barny@skynet.be (barny) wrote:
>
> >OS - Win XP Pro.
> >When I install the wifi-b card, the wireless connection is OK and the
> >ADSL connection to the Internet is OK, I have been automatically
> >assigned an IP address, but I get 'page not found' in IE. This happens
> >before, and after installing the adapter utility. If I uninstall the
> >card, I still cannot access any pages in IE.
> >I have tried:
> >1) Installed the latest driver and utility from ASUS.
> >2) Enabling ICS in the ADSL connection.
> >3) Disabling McAfee Internet security and firewall.
> >4) Running XP internet sharing wizard after installing the card.
> >
> >I have to use system restore to get back onto the Internet!
> >
> >The lovely people at ASUS want me to call a support line in America (I
> >live in Belgium).
>
> Check that the Win XP firewall is not/has not been enabled.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Guy
>
> ** I may not be perfect, but I'm
> ** English, and that's the next best thing!

I have disabled all firewalls and internet security programs. Still no luck...
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 26, 2004 7:30:48 PM

> I had already tried that without luck. My PC contains a ADSL modem
> that will be used by other PCs connecting to this PC.

Is the Problem that your pc (the A7N8X-E) will not browse the web, Or that
the other PC's will not browse the web.
!