USB: 1.1 motherboard+ 2.0 PCI card

I am going to purchase a 2.0 Maxtor External hard drive for backup.
I have a USB 1.1 motherboard - if I purchase an add on PCI 2.0 card,
will I get full 2.0 speed?
WinXP home with SP1 and all upgrades (version 5.1.2600)
2.1+GHz AMD, 512MB ram.
Anti-Spam: Change shellyfnospam to shellyf to respond. Thanx, y'all have a nice day!
Retired to Cyberspace from Green Valley, AZ.

Hello
Yes you can install a 2.0pci usb card and get full 2.0 support with sp1
installed.

--
Hope This Helps
Haus
"Shelly F" <shellyfnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am going to purchase a 2.0 Maxtor External hard drive for backup.
> I have a USB 1.1 motherboard - if I purchase an add on PCI 2.0 card,
> will I get full 2.0 speed?
> WinXP home with SP1 and all upgrades (version 5.1.2600)
> 2.1+GHz AMD, 512MB ram.
> Anti-Spam: Change shellyfnospam to shellyf to respond. Thanx, y'all have a
nice day!
> Retired to Cyberspace from Green Valley, AZ.

You will have USB 2.0 on the ports on the USB 2.0 card, the
mobo ports will still be USB 1.1.