USB: 1.1 motherboard+ 2.0 PCI card

I am going to purchase a 2.0 Maxtor External hard drive for backup.
I have a USB 1.1 motherboard - if I purchase an add on PCI 2.0 card,
will I get full 2.0 speed?
WinXP home with SP1 and all upgrades (version 5.1.2600)
2.1+GHz AMD, 512MB ram.
Anti-Spam: Change shellyfnospam to shellyf to respond. Thanx, y'all have a nice day!
Retired to Cyberspace from Green Valley, AZ.
2 answers Last reply
More about motherboard card

    Hello
    Yes you can install a 2.0pci usb card and get full 2.0 support with sp1
    installed.

    --
    Hope This Helps
    Haus
    "Shelly F" <shellyfnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I am going to purchase a 2.0 Maxtor External hard drive for backup.
    > I have a USB 1.1 motherboard - if I purchase an add on PCI 2.0 card,
    > will I get full 2.0 speed?
    > WinXP home with SP1 and all upgrades (version 5.1.2600)
    > 2.1+GHz AMD, 512MB ram.
    > Anti-Spam: Change shellyfnospam to shellyf to respond. Thanx, y'all have a
    nice day!
    > Retired to Cyberspace from Green Valley, AZ.

    You will have USB 2.0 on the ports on the USB 2.0 card, the
    mobo ports will still be USB 1.1.

    "Haus" <youknow@Iwillslapyou> wrote in message
    | Hello
    | Yes you can install a 2.0pci usb card and get full 2.0
    support with sp1
    | installed.
    |
    | --
    | Hope This Helps
    | Haus
    | Not a MVP
    | Not a MS-MVP
    | Not nothing just a good ole boy..;)
    | "Shelly F" <shellyfnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | > I am going to purchase a 2.0 Maxtor External hard drive
    for backup.
    | > I have a USB 1.1 motherboard - if I purchase an add on
    PCI 2.0 card,
    | > will I get full 2.0 speed?
    | > WinXP home with SP1 and all upgrades (version 5.1.2600)
    | > 2.1+GHz AMD, 512MB ram.
    | > Anti-Spam: Change shellyfnospam to shellyf to respond.
    Thanx, y'all have a
    | nice day!
    | > Retired to Cyberspace from Green Valley, AZ.

USB Windows XP