ERROR: The parameter is incorrect.

I have a hard drive problem that I have no idea the cause
of.

When I am in my XP os, i can only acess part of my 60 gig
(D drive). I can explore a few folders, and open a few
files (found out that I have acess to aroung 5 gigs), and
after that it says "The parameter is incorrect". But when
I am useing my 98se I have full acess to EVERYTHING. This
problem is the only reason that I am still useing 98.

bar

Tell us more about your configuration.

It is apparant that you have some form of Dual Boot Config. Please explain how this was established. It could lead to you getting all the answers.

Is you disk drive partitioned. If so, how many partitions, of what size and where are the various Operating SYstems Located. e.g. I have a 60Gb HDD. 3 Partitions, 1 X 5Gb - Windows XP, 1 x 25Gb - no Op Sys, 1 x 30Gb Windows 98.

Now I may have just given you the answers already!