scanner software can't be installed correctly (Epson 2400 ..

Windows XP Home writes some of the scanner files during installing to the wrong path - result : the SmartPanel doesn't work becausethe files are not found thogh they exist! On other computers with XP professional it works perfectly... Who can help???

Completely uninstall the scanner. Install the software,
reconnect the scanner only when prompted by the software
installation routine.

"Susanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| Windows XP Home writes some of the scanner files during
installing to the wrong path - result : the SmartPanel
doesn't work becausethe files are not found thogh they
exist! On other computers with XP professional it works
perfectly... Who can help???

I tried that, but it's still the same. The files that "get lost" are installed in C:Convert\ which was newly created after I deleted it myself (wasn't uninstalled) - maybe there are still others which I don't even know... Any idea?? Thanks anyway...