Display switches to low res mode after Windows loads

Upgraded from ME; maybe the problem is something in personal settings, inherited from ME or W98 before ME. After icons & tray load up, display switches to lowest res mode. After re-setting in Properties is OK. Switches only with main user; doesn't do it with the other added-on user. Video card: 3dxf Voodoo, monitor is Gateway. Also have seen it switch sometimes when I exit my Kodak photo download program.

Do you have the latest Windows XP drivers for that video card?
Are they available for that antique?
Unless I am mistaken, the manufacturer quit before Windows XP thus no
Windows XP drivers were ever made by the card manufacturer.
Drivers from another source may not be stable with you particular
configuration.
Possibly time for a new video card.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]