Computer Monitor Problem

jeff

When I turn my computer on and run it for about 2 minutes
the screen all of a sudden turns to a red tint. At first
I thought it was just something I could fix with the
color adjustment on the monitor but it was fine. I also
did a virus scan and found nothing. Anyone know what
might be wrong?

Your monitor or the video card is over-heating. The monitor
may have a bad power supply. Borrow a different monitor and
see if the problem persists, if so, it is the video card.
If the video card has a fan, make sure it is working and the
card is clean of dust.
If the new monitor solves the problem, you need a qualified
technician to repair the monitor or consider buying a new
one.

"Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:19d2201c44d79$38cce470$a101280a@phx.gbl...