ASUS A7NBX Deluxe LAN question

Which of the two onboard LAN connectors is fastest on
this motherboard? The 3Com LAN or the NVidia LAN??

Thanks in advance.

James H
3 answers Last reply
More about asus a7nbx deluxe question

    J Houston wrote:
    > Which of the two onboard LAN connectors is fastest on
    > this motherboard? The 3Com LAN or the NVidia LAN??

    Most advice say nvidia, and that is what I use myself.
    If you need to use both nics for your network, it will be smart to use the
    3com for f.ex dsl router and nvidia to connect to LAN.

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:37:56 +0200, "Egil Solberg"
    <egilso@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Most advice say nvidia, and that is what I use myself.
    >If you need to use both nics for your network, it will be smart to use the
    >3com for f.ex dsl router and nvidia to connect to LAN.

    My experience is that the Nvidia-NIC is more "resource hungry" -- not
    just for the CPU, but in the general "respons speed" from the PC when
    there is heavy load on the NIC.

    --
    Clas Mehus
    Dataguiden : http://www.pcworld.no/dataguiden/

    Clas Mehus wrote:

    > My experience is that the Nvidia-NIC is more "resource hungry" -- not
    > just for the CPU, but in the general "respons speed" from the PC when
    > there is heavy load on the NIC.

    Very strange, as the tests I've seen have shown the nvidia MAC as one of
    those with least CPU-utilization. I have very limited experience of high
    load usage with these nics, I seldom hook up other PCs.

Asus LAN Motherboards