Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

ASUS A7NBX Deluxe LAN question

Tags:
  • Asus
  • LAN
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 26, 2004 2:08:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Which of the two onboard LAN connectors is fastest on
this motherboard? The 3Com LAN or the NVidia LAN??


Thanks in advance.




James H

More about : asus a7nbx deluxe lan question

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 26, 2004 3:37:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

J Houston wrote:
> Which of the two onboard LAN connectors is fastest on
> this motherboard? The 3Com LAN or the NVidia LAN??

Most advice say nvidia, and that is what I use myself.
If you need to use both nics for your network, it will be smart to use the
3com for f.ex dsl router and nvidia to connect to LAN.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 27, 2004 1:51:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:37:56 +0200, "Egil Solberg"
<egilso@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Most advice say nvidia, and that is what I use myself.
>If you need to use both nics for your network, it will be smart to use the
>3com for f.ex dsl router and nvidia to connect to LAN.

My experience is that the Nvidia-NIC is more "resource hungry" -- not
just for the CPU, but in the general "respons speed" from the PC when
there is heavy load on the NIC.




--
Clas Mehus
--------------------------------------------------
Dataguiden : http://www.pcworld.no/dataguiden/
--------------------------------------------------
"Den som har flest prylar när han dör vinner..."
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 27, 2004 2:51:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Clas Mehus wrote:

> My experience is that the Nvidia-NIC is more "resource hungry" -- not
> just for the CPU, but in the general "respons speed" from the PC when
> there is heavy load on the NIC.

Very strange, as the tests I've seen have shown the nvidia MAC as one of
those with least CPU-utilization. I have very limited experience of high
load usage with these nics, I seldom hook up other PCs.