I lag on source but not on old style

I have 3mbit cable and have been playing CS for years but stopped when steam
came out. Anyway, I'd like to play again now. Right, 'old style' CS is fine
(no lag what so ever) but this new 'source' version (with updated graphics
freezes all the time). I don't know why this is because it doesn't happen
when I play offline, regardless of how many bots I have.

Thanks for any help

"Mother Farquhar" <fake@ddress.com> wrote in message
> I have 3mbit cable and have been playing CS for years but stopped when
steam
> came out. Anyway, I'd like to play again now. Right, 'old style' CS is
fine
> (no lag what so ever) but this new 'source' version (with updated graphics
> freezes all the time). I don't know why this is because it doesn't happen
> when I play offline, regardless of how many bots I have.

I think your flux capacitor is set too high for source.

System specs would help >_> <_<

jimbob

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2001

Lief wrote:
> "Mother Farquhar" <fake@ddress.com> wrote in message
>> I have 3mbit cable and have been playing CS for years but stopped
>> when steam came out. Anyway, I'd like to play again now. Right, 'old
>> style' CS is fine (no lag what so ever) but this new 'source'
>> version (with updated graphics freezes all the time). I don't know
>> why this is because it doesn't happen when I play offline,
>> regardless of how many bots I have.
>
> I think your flux capacitor is set too high for source.

1.21 GIGAWATTS! Great Scott!

Jimbob committed to the eternal aether...:

> Lief wrote:
>> "Mother Farquhar" <fake@ddress.com> wrote in message
>>> I have 3mbit cable and have been playing CS for years but stopped
>>> when steam came out. Anyway, I'd like to play again now. Right, 'old
>>> style' CS is fine (no lag what so ever) but this new 'source'
>>> version (with updated graphics freezes all the time). I don't know
>>> why this is because it doesn't happen when I play offline,
>>> regardless of how many bots I have.
>>
>> I think your flux capacitor is set too high for source.
>
> 1.21 GIGAWATTS! Great Scott!

I canny hold her capn, she's gonna blow

Mother Farquhar committed to the eternal aether...:

> I have 3mbit cable and have been playing CS for years but stopped when steam
> came out. Anyway, I'd like to play again now. Right, 'old style' CS is fine
> (no lag what so ever) but this new 'source' version (with updated graphics
> freezes all the time). I don't know why this is because it doesn't happen
> when I play offline, regardless of how many bots I have.
>
> Thanks for any help

Tried cranking rate, cl_cmdrate & cl_updaterate? I run em both at 1000 and
no choke of loss. On the old one I used about 80 for both depending on the
server.

"Damien McBain" <news@themadbomber.net> wrote in message
> Mother Farquhar committed to the eternal aether...:
>
>> I have 3mbit cable and have been playing CS for years but stopped when
>> steam
>> came out. Anyway, I'd like to play again now. Right, 'old style' CS is
>> fine
>> (no lag what so ever) but this new 'source' version (with updated
>> graphics
>> freezes all the time). I don't know why this is because it doesn't happen
>> when I play offline, regardless of how many bots I have.
>>
>> Thanks for any help
>
> Tried cranking rate, cl_cmdrate & cl_updaterate? I run em both at 1000 and
> no choke of loss. On the old one I used about 80 for both depending on the
> server.

Oh my God! Throw some mustard into the warp drive! Paul

TRENDING THREADS