"CD Drive is not accessible Incorrect function"

If you tried everything and still getting this message
uninstall norton antivirus.
I tried to solve this problem for almost 2 weeks.
I decided to uninstall norton antivirus tonight.
DVD and CDWriter is back now.
Good luck.
1 answer Last reply
More about drive accessible incorrect function

    This is update:

    If you are using norton antivirus:
    go to "configure norton antivirus"
    uncheck "start auto-protect when windows starts up"
    restart computer
    I hope you'll be ok.
    *** DO NOT FORGET TO ENABLE AUTO PROTECTION WHEN YOU RESTART THE COMPUTER ***

    "trreefer" wrote:

    > If you tried everything and still getting this message
    > uninstall norton antivirus.
    > I tried to solve this problem for almost 2 weeks.
    > I decided to uninstall norton antivirus tonight.
    > DVD and CDWriter is back now.
    > Good luck.

Norton CD Drives Antivirus Windows XP