configuate two harddrives, one cd-rom, one dvd-rom in one ..

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Dear all,
I am new in hardware, i want to install configuate two harddrives, one cd-rom, one dvd-rom in one computer, and my computer have two IDE(IDE0, IDE1), and each IDE have primary , and secondary , how can i connect?
The following is right??
IDE0 Primary Harddrive A
IDE0 Secondary CD-Rom
IDE1 Primary DVD-Rom
IDE1 Secondary Harddrive B
Can it run?

Moreover, is it not good for connect CD-Rom and DVD-Rom in one IDE
and Is it necessary one harddrive is primary and one harddrive is secondary?

Install hard drives on IDE0 and both cdrom and dvd-rom on IDE1. Hard drive A
should be set as master if it contains your OS and hard drive b should be
set as slave.
"ken" <ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
> I am new in hardware, i want to install configuate two harddrives, one
cd-rom, one dvd-rom in one computer, and my computer have two IDE(IDE0,
IDE1), and each IDE have primary , and secondary , how can i connect?
> The following is right??
> IDE0 Primary Harddrive A
> IDE0 Secondary CD-Rom
> IDE1 Primary DVD-Rom
> IDE1 Secondary Harddrive B
> Can it run?
>
> Moreover, is it not good for connect CD-Rom and DVD-Rom in one IDE
> and Is it necessary one harddrive is primary and one harddrive is
secondary?

This would be the better and recommended way:

IDE0 -- Primary Hard drive A
IDE0 -- Secondary Hard drive B

IDE1 -- Primary DVD-ROM
IDE1 -- Seconary CD-ROM

Please note the following:

1) Always use the largest hard drive as Hard drive A

2) CD-Rom is extra! DVD-Rom can read CDs.

3) IDE0 is usually the faster of the two IDE ports. All hard drives are
recommended to be on this (IDE0) port.