DVD Drive not reading disc.

June 9, 2004 6:00:59 AM

I have a problem with my DVD player (Toshiba Drive) not
able to run installation disc. This drive is my (E)drive.
I have a Sony DVD -/+ RW drive as my (D) drive. The Sony
drive works great. The Toshiba drive will play back Music
CD's but will not run installation disc or disc that
created on the Sony Drive. The Sony drive is the Master
and the Toshiba drive is the slave. I do see both drives
in "My Computer". I do not have any Roxio software
installed in my computer and I do use Symantec Antivirus
2004 software. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

More about : dvd drive reading disc

Anonymous
June 9, 2004 1:11:01 PM

Check out Toshiba website for firmware updates for the DVDRom.
My LG DVDRom (DRD8160B) had the same problem - update fixed it.

Likely not a cleaning problem if it reads CD's

Did the DVDRom ever work properly?

!