i860 print speed....

archive:no

Based on posts here and reviews at an online store, I bought meself a
Canon i860. It prints fast b/w, but the color stuff i've tried has left
me unimpressed. Here's the situation....

One laptop, with Win98, 160M Ram, PIII, 300MHz using MS Publisher98. I
create a flyer (real estate oriented) with multiple photos. After I
click print, it takes 1 minute for printer to pull paper to start
printing. Then takes another 2'45" to finish. That's about as slow as
the lexmark i replaced.

Other laptop, WinXP Pro, Centrino 1.5M, 500M Ram using OpenOffice1.1.0
Draw, similar flyer takes about as long to print. I then turned off ECP
mode and indentify paper type and print was about a minute faster (only
took 15 seconds to start, but a full two minutes to print the page.)....

So, anything i can do to speed it up?? Or is this to be expected given
the multiple photos?? Is there a printer setting i can change??

These were all done with standard print quality.

Thanks for the advice.

Regards,

delete win doze to reply directly
1 answer Last reply
More about i860 print speed

    Do you have the usb port connected? I just bought the 960 and am very
    impressed with the speed. I have a slow USB port on my old computer.

    "X" <libertywin@dozeintrex.net> wrote in message
    > archive:no
    >
    > Based on posts here and reviews at an online store, I bought meself a
    > Canon i860. It prints fast b/w, but the color stuff i've tried has left
    > me unimpressed. Here's the situation....
    >
    > One laptop, with Win98, 160M Ram, PIII, 300MHz using MS Publisher98. I
    > create a flyer (real estate oriented) with multiple photos. After I
    > click print, it takes 1 minute for printer to pull paper to start
    > printing. Then takes another 2'45" to finish. That's about as slow as
    > the lexmark i replaced.
    >
    > Other laptop, WinXP Pro, Centrino 1.5M, 500M Ram using OpenOffice1.1.0
    > Draw, similar flyer takes about as long to print. I then turned off ECP
    > mode and indentify paper type and print was about a minute faster (only
    > took 15 seconds to start, but a full two minutes to print the page.)....
    >
    > So, anything i can do to speed it up?? Or is this to be expected given
    > the multiple photos?? Is there a printer setting i can change??
    >
    > These were all done with standard print quality.
    >
    > Thanks for the advice.
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > delete win doze to reply directly

Printers Peripherals