motherboard drivers disc damaged!

Oz

hi
my motherboard disc is badly damaged & i just installed a
fresh copy of xp pro on my compaq presario but now it
won't boot up i think because of the motherboard drivers
are damaged.
how can i get the drivers?

Usually a motherboard manufacturer's support website has the latest drivers
available for download.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Oz" <stupidzombie@myway.com> wrote in message:

| hi
| my motherboard disc is badly damaged & i just installed a
| fresh copy of xp pro on my compaq presario but now it
| won't boot up i think because of the motherboard drivers
| are damaged.
| how can i get the drivers?

Hello
Any time you do a major hardware change to the inside of your computer with
XP install it will require a repair install and activation of XP.

Enter the BIOS of your MB and make sure the settings are correct then do a
repair install of XP and everything should be alright.
You will have to go to MS Windows Update site and download all the updates
again.

How to do a repair install.

Hope This Helps
Haus
Not a MVP
Not a MS-MVP
Not nothing just a good ole boy..;)
"Oz" <stupidzombie@myway.com> wrote in message
> hi
> my motherboard disc is badly damaged & i just installed a
> fresh copy of xp pro on my compaq presario but now it
> won't boot up i think because of the motherboard drivers
> are damaged.
> how can i get the drivers?

Compaq is now supported by HP. HP's web site should have the drivers.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <mrxp2004@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Usually a motherboard manufacturer's support website has the latest
drivers
> available for download.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect your PC!

> "Oz" <stupidzombie@myway.com> wrote in message:
>
> | hi
> | my motherboard disc is badly damaged & i just installed a
> | fresh copy of xp pro on my compaq presario but now it
> | won't boot up i think because of the motherboard drivers
> | are damaged.
> | how can i get the drivers?

TRENDING THREADS