CDrom will not refresh

Kate

Second Posting
I am having a problem with my CDROM, all the drivers are
in and I did not have this problem before I upgraded all
"updates" in XP.
My cdrom will not refresh....I have tried refresh, I have
removed the CD, put in a different CD and still read the
old CD that was in just before. The only way to see a new
CD is to reboot the computer.Does anyone know what the
problem could be?
I would love to hear some ideas, I have run out of my own
ideas.
The cdrom is on it's own. It's an LG 12x 8x 32x
If I remove it and hook it up to an older machine running
ME, it works perfect.
Just the XP does not refresh it, I need to totally reboot
to read in a new cd.
kate

remembering old CP/M commands, did you tryed to do a CTRL C command under a
dos session ?

--
Bienvenidos al sitio de MVP de Microsoft
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>
> Recuerda: Una Consulta, Un Foro:

Este mensaje se proporciona "como está" sin garantías de ninguna clase, y no
otorga ningún derecho.

You assume all risk for your use.

XP Pro-2600-limpia+SP1

por favor
respuestas al grupo; asi nos beneficiamos todos
no se responde personalmente

saludos

Antonio
ms mvp windowsxp shell user

"Kate" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Second Posting
> I am having a problem with my CDROM, all the drivers are
> in and I did not have this problem before I upgraded all
> "updates" in XP.
> My cdrom will not refresh....I have tried refresh, I have
> removed the CD, put in a different CD and still read the
> old CD that was in just before. The only way to see a new
> CD is to reboot the computer.Does anyone know what the
> problem could be?
> I would love to hear some ideas, I have run out of my own
> ideas.
> The cdrom is on it's own. It's an LG 12x 8x 32x
> If I remove it and hook it up to an older machine running
> ME, it works perfect.
> Just the XP does not refresh it, I need to totally reboot
> to read in a new cd.
> kate

XP does not use DOS.

"Antonio Amengual[MSMVP]" <amengualserra@micono.com> wrote in message
> remembering old CP/M commands, did you tryed to do a CTRL C command under
> dos session ?
>

> --
> Bienvenidos al sitio de MVP de Microsoft
> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >
> > Recuerda: Una Consulta, Un Foro:
>
> Este mensaje se proporciona "como está" sin garantías de ninguna clase, y
no
> otorga ningún derecho.

rights.
> You assume all risk for your use.
>

> XP Pro-2600-limpia+SP1
>
> por favor
> respuestas al grupo; asi nos beneficiamos todos
> no se responde personalmente
>
> saludos
>
> Antonio
> ms mvp windowsxp shell user
>
> "Kate" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Second Posting
> > I am having a problem with my CDROM, all the drivers are
> > in and I did not have this problem before I upgraded all
> > "updates" in XP.
> > My cdrom will not refresh....I have tried refresh, I have
> > removed the CD, put in a different CD and still read the
> > old CD that was in just before. The only way to see a new
> > CD is to reboot the computer.Does anyone know what the
> > problem could be?
> > I would love to hear some ideas, I have run out of my own
> > ideas.
> > The cdrom is on it's own. It's an LG 12x 8x 32x
> > If I remove it and hook it up to an older machine running
> > ME, it works perfect.
> > Just the XP does not refresh it, I need to totally reboot
> > to read in a new cd.
> > kate

go to start run type cmd pres intro the screen achieved is this a DOS
session?