drivers for cmi 8330/c3d audio chip

william

I have up graded to win xp from 98 and I have found drivers for most all boards devices and chips except the cmi 8330 it is a c-media chip on the ati rage pro vidio and sound board. with xp I only need the ati board for display and video but xp keeps tring to load the cmi 8330 but can not find a driver. Can any one help me find this driver or give me a idea how to disable the cmi 8330 so xp does not see it when xp sees the cmi 8330 at start up and tries to load and find a driver. it installs it 4 times under other hardware as a not working device and there i have tried to uninstall and or disable it but xp keeps seeing it on boot and tries to load it. Any help ?
William

Find the driver on the motherboard manufacturer's web site.

To disable it, look in the BIOS/CMOS before XP boots.