New CD-RW/DVD-ROM not reading disks

I just bought a new Mad Dog Dominator 4-in-1 CD-RW +
DVD-ROM (52x24x52x16x) to replace my malfunctioning
OptiRite CD-RW (48x16x48x) on my XP Pro system with SP 1 &
2. When I started up my computer, it recognized the drive
by the "new hardware found" bubble, and when I put a cd in
the drive, it spins up and the little yellow/orange light
starts blinking, but the cursor doesn't change to the
pointer with the animated cd like it always has, and it
doesn't start autoruns, and when I open the drive in
explorer, it shows it as empty. Can you help me?

Thanks,
-Bernie

&
>2. When I started up my computer, it recognized the
drive
>by the "new hardware found" bubble, and when I put a cd
in
>the drive, it spins up and the little yellow/orange
light
>starts blinking, but the cursor doesn't change to the
>pointer with the animated cd like it always has, and it
>doesn't start autoruns, and when I open the drive in
>explorer, it shows it as empty. Can you help me?
>
>Thanks,
>-Bernie
>.

I have the exact same problem with XP home and that
drive. It used to work fine and will read burned cd's and
play DVD's. It will not see a blank cd-r in the drive.

If you are using norton antivirus:
go to "configure norton antivirus"
uncheck "start auto-protect when windows starts up"
restart computer
I hope you'll be ok.