TH7-II RAID replacement?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

My TH7-II RAID has served me well being quick & robust over the last 3 years
and has coped with everything I have ever thrown at it - (the same applied
to my previous mobo, the Asus P2B-LS which also had a 3 year life-cycle).

I am however looking for a replacement for the TH7 because I am being held
back by the CPU speed - currently 2.2GHz - but limited I believe to 2.4GHz
even if you can still find those 400MHz CPU's

Were it not for the fact that I need to use a faster processor I would most
definitely keep it as it gives me everything else I need in a mobo - apart
maybe from those hard to find RAMBUS RIMMS of which I have 1GB but would
have liked to doubled to 2GB!

I also still have a need for ATA RAID - not SATA - and SCSI on an Intel
chipset.

The lack of PCI slots on the latest crop of motherboards also restricts me
as all 5 PCI slots on the Abit are all currently full;

Yamaha SW1000XG
Creamware PowerPulsar
Canopus DVStorm2
Adaptec 29160
3Com 3C200

I guess I could live without the 3COM NIC if the new motherboard has GB LAN
onboard (and possibly SCSI also) which would bring the required PCI slot
count down from 5 to 3

Does anyone have any recommendation(s) on what motherboard(s) I should look
at as a replacement?

Apologies for the crosspost - methinks I need to broaden my horizons and in
any case I need to hedge my bets! ;^)

--
Thanks & regards,
-pp-

    unless you have a gigbit switch, and all the other devices you are using can
    also do gigabit, you wont gain anything over a good onboard 10/100.

    - NuTs

    "Pheasant Plucker®" <pheasant@plucker.not> wrote in message
    > My TH7-II RAID has served me well being quick & robust over the last 3
    years
    > and has coped with everything I have ever thrown at it - (the same applied
    > to my previous mobo, the Asus P2B-LS which also had a 3 year life-cycle).
    >
    > I am however looking for a replacement for the TH7 because I am being held
    > back by the CPU speed - currently 2.2GHz - but limited I believe to 2.4GHz
    > even if you can still find those 400MHz CPU's
    >
    > Were it not for the fact that I need to use a faster processor I would
    most
    > definitely keep it as it gives me everything else I need in a mobo - apart
    > maybe from those hard to find RAMBUS RIMMS of which I have 1GB but would
    > have liked to doubled to 2GB!
    >
    > I also still have a need for ATA RAID - not SATA - and SCSI on an Intel
    > chipset.
    >
    > The lack of PCI slots on the latest crop of motherboards also restricts me
    > as all 5 PCI slots on the Abit are all currently full;
    >
    > Yamaha SW1000XG
    > Creamware PowerPulsar
    > Canopus DVStorm2
    > Adaptec 29160
    > 3Com 3C200
    >
    > I guess I could live without the 3COM NIC if the new motherboard has GB
    LAN
    > onboard (and possibly SCSI also) which would bring the required PCI slot
    > count down from 5 to 3
    >
    > Does anyone have any recommendation(s) on what motherboard(s) I should
    look
    > at as a replacement?
    >
    > Apologies for the crosspost - methinks I need to broaden my horizons and
    in
    > any case I need to hedge my bets! ;^)
    >
    > --
    > Thanks & regards,