  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
August 27, 2004 11:13:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

My TH7-II RAID has served me well being quick & robust over the last 3 years
and has coped with everything I have ever thrown at it - (the same applied
to my previous mobo, the Asus P2B-LS which also had a 3 year life-cycle).

I am however looking for a replacement for the TH7 because I am being held
back by the CPU speed - currently 2.2GHz - but limited I believe to 2.4GHz
even if you can still find those 400MHz CPU's

Were it not for the fact that I need to use a faster processor I would most
definitely keep it as it gives me everything else I need in a mobo - apart
maybe from those hard to find RAMBUS RIMMS of which I have 1GB but would
have liked to doubled to 2GB!

I also still have a need for ATA RAID - not SATA - and SCSI on an Intel
chipset.

The lack of PCI slots on the latest crop of motherboards also restricts me
as all 5 PCI slots on the Abit are all currently full;

Yamaha SW1000XG
Creamware PowerPulsar
Canopus DVStorm2
Adaptec 29160
3Com 3C200

I guess I could live without the 3COM NIC if the new motherboard has GB LAN
onboard (and possibly SCSI also) which would bring the required PCI slot
count down from 5 to 3

Does anyone have any recommendation(s) on what motherboard(s) I should look
at as a replacement?

Apologies for the crosspost - methinks I need to broaden my horizons and in
any case I need to hedge my bets! ;^)

--
Thanks & regards,
-pp-

More about : th7 raid replacement

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 18, 2004 3:03:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

unless you have a gigbit switch, and all the other devices you are using can
also do gigabit, you wont gain anything over a good onboard 10/100.

- NuTs

!