D-link wireless access on limited account.

Last response: in Wireless Networking
December 27, 2004 2:43:03 PM

I have a dink DWL 520+ card to a DI-624 router and everything works fine on
my administrative account or when my sons account is set to computer
administrator but if i change it to a limited account dlink says card not
found. help pls.
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 7:22:01 PM

Found your post when looking into just the same symptoms on my system,
also with a DWL-G520+. Eventually DLink product support responded to my
query that this is how the card is designed to work - the drivers need
administrator privileges. Makes a nonsense of trying to run a sensible
security policy with my children's accounts on the home PC!

Not sure if other WiFi card manufacturers' products suffer from the
same disability - if not, it would be an incentive to switch cards - or
whether this is just a symptom of some deeper problem with wireless
drivers in Win XP.

Not much help, I know, but at least it's not you!

--
solimike