i recently installed a usb 2 card on my pc its showing as
usb 2 in the device manager and theres no problems listed
but when i plug a usb 2 device into it it says it saya a
usb2 device has been attatched to a non usb 2 port
i have downloaded all the service packs been to the
manafactures website and even downloaded there drivers
but its still the same
any help would ne appriciated
im running win xp pro ant the card is a via technology
card

Mike do you have Windows Update SP1 installed?
"mike usb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i recently installed a usb 2 card on my pc its showing as
> usb 2 in the device manager and theres no problems listed
> but when i plug a usb 2 device into it it says it saya a
> usb2 device has been attatched to a non usb 2 port
> i have downloaded all the service packs been to the
> manafactures website and even downloaded there drivers
> but its still the same
> any help would ne appriciated
> im running win xp pro ant the card is a via technology
> card

yes i have the service pach 1 installed also

Remove all USB ports and hubs. Reboot and let XP re-detect them.

> yes i have the service pach 1 installed also

thanks i tried that but no luck i dont understand i can
see it in the device manager and yet when i plug a device
in to it i get a box saying that there is a 4 port device
and to plug in to it yet that is the device i am
plugged in to any more suggestions would be very
grateful
ta
mike

Do you have an IRQ enabled for it in the Bios?