Athlon XP 1700+ & DDR Kingston 266MHz & new Asus A7N8X-E D..

Hi

I've got now Athlon XP 1700+ (Palomino) & DDR Kingston 266MHz in Soltek
SL75DRV4 mainboard. I want to change mainboard to new Asus A7N8X-E
Deluxe (rest in the future, I've got not too much money). Can I use my
old CPU and RAM with this mainboard?

oley

oley wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've got now Athlon XP 1700+ (Palomino) & DDR Kingston 266MHz in
> Soltek SL75DRV4 mainboard. I want to change mainboard to new Asus
> A7N8X-E Deluxe (rest in the future, I've got not too much money). Can
> I use my old CPU and RAM with this mainboard?

I had the same setup as you (exactly indeed). Changed it all over to
A7N8X-Deluxe rev 2.0. Worked flawlessly. Considering the A7N8X-E Deluxe is
not very different from the A7N8X-D rev2, it should work fine. But except
from the onboard mobo features, it's not worth it performancewise. The old
mobo is a great performer.