hardware/rescorce trouble

just recently i bought a soyo kt400 dragon mobo with a
1.53 athlonxp palomino chip and 2 sticks of 512 pc2100
ddr ram....this set-up was running real well....until.
for some reason i'm getting the little cd icon next to my
pointer like a disk is ready to be played. also, i see
alot of activity from my hard drive light, when these
things happen i lock up. i formatted and reinstalled win
xp pro and still have the problem! was thinking of
replacing the hard drive.
2 answers Last reply
More about hardware rescorce trouble

    john wrote:

    > just recently i bought a soyo kt400 dragon mobo with a
    > 1.53 athlonxp palomino chip and 2 sticks of 512 pc2100
    > ddr ram....this set-up was running real well....until.
    > for some reason i'm getting the little cd icon next to my
    > pointer like a disk is ready to be played. also, i see
    > alot of activity from my hard drive light, when these
    > things happen i lock up. i formatted and reinstalled win
    > xp pro and still have the problem! was thinking of
    > replacing the hard drive.
    I would disconnect the CD and see if it still does it.
    -max

    --
    Programs that I use and recommend (all are free)
    Many thanks to all the people who make these fine products!
    Spybot Search and Destroy 1.3
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    Spyware Blaster
    Spyware Guard
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html
    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Sygate Personal Firewall
    http://soho.sygate.com/products/spf_standard.htm
    Avast! For Home
    Eraser 5.3
    http://www.tolvanen.com/eraser/
    CwShredder
    HijackThis
    http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html
    Thunderbird
    Firefox

    This message is virus free as far I can tell
    Change nomail.afraid.org to neo.rr.com so you can reply
    Use in Usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

    yes, i was thinking of disconnecting the cd rom....will
    try!

Hardware Hard Drives Windows XP