hardware/rescorce trouble

June 9, 2004 10:44:40 PM

just recently i bought a soyo kt400 dragon mobo with a
1.53 athlonxp palomino chip and 2 sticks of 512 pc2100
ddr ram....this set-up was running real well....until.
for some reason i'm getting the little cd icon next to my
pointer like a disk is ready to be played. also, i see
alot of activity from my hard drive light, when these
things happen i lock up. i formatted and reinstalled win
xp pro and still have the problem! was thinking of
replacing the hard drive.
June 10, 2004 6:56:09 AM

john wrote:

> just recently i bought a soyo kt400 dragon mobo with a
> 1.53 athlonxp palomino chip and 2 sticks of 512 pc2100
> ddr ram....this set-up was running real well....until.
> for some reason i'm getting the little cd icon next to my
> pointer like a disk is ready to be played. also, i see
> alot of activity from my hard drive light, when these
> things happen i lock up. i formatted and reinstalled win
> xp pro and still have the problem! was thinking of
> replacing the hard drive.
I would disconnect the CD and see if it still does it.
-max

--
Programs that I use and recommend (all are free)
Many thanks to all the people who make these fine products!
Spybot Search and Destroy 1.3
http://www.safer-networking.org/
Spyware Blaster
Spyware Guard
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html
Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
Sygate Personal Firewall
http://soho.sygate.com/products/spf_standard.htm
Avast! For Home
Eraser 5.3
http://www.tolvanen.com/eraser/
CwShredder
HijackThis
http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html
Thunderbird
Firefox

This message is virus free as far I can tell
Change nomail.afraid.org to neo.rr.com so you can reply
Use in Usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)
June 15, 2004 4:59:04 PM

yes, i was thinking of disconnecting the cd rom....will
try!

!