Pocket Internet Explorer or Internet Explorer 6.0 for Wind..

June 15, 2004 9:02:21 PM

I just bought an iPaq 4100 series.
I do not know the IE running is Pocket IE or IE 6.0 for CE?
Is there anyway of checking it?
If I am not mistaken, it should be Pocket IE then where can I download IE
6.0 for CE?

thank you.
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 11:12:27 PM

There's no way to put IE 6 on the pocketpc. There are other browsers such
at netfront and thunderhawk which can do some things that pocket IE can't
do.

rights...

"Steven" <kambrook@streamyx.com> wrote in message
>I just bought an iPaq 4100 series.
> I do not know the IE running is Pocket IE or IE 6.0 for CE?
> Is there anyway of checking it?
> If I am not mistaken, it should be Pocket IE then where can I download IE
> 6.0 for CE?
>
> thank you.

Anonymous
June 16, 2004 1:05:42 AM

It's running Pocket Internet Explorer. There's no other Internet Explorer
version that can run on this device. If you need an alternative browser,
have a look at Access Netfront (review here:
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=2226) or Thunderhawk, from
Bitstream.

Netfront will add Java support (note that Javascript is already partially
supported by PIE), different layout formats (single column, etc), plugin
management, Zoom, multi-tab browsing.

You can have some of these functions on PIE with third-party software, of
course.

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

!