no hard disk in My Computer

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I've just installed a new hard disk and it appears in
device manager and everything, but it doesn't appear in
My Computer. I am aware that is needs to be formatted to
be used, but it's not there to be formatted.
Any Suggestions?

Rigjt click on My Computer, select Manage.

On the following screen, click on Disk Management. It will appear on the
right hand side of the screen, and you can partition and format it and
assign it a drive letter.
www.coribright.com

"Anthony" <anthonys_realm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've just installed a new hard disk and it appears in
> device manager and everything, but it doesn't appear in
> My Computer. I am aware that is needs to be formatted to
> be used, but it's not there to be formatted.
> Any Suggestions?

Greetings --

The hard drive cannot and will not appear in Windows Explorer or
My Computer until it has been partitioned and formatted. Right-click
My Computer > Manage > Disk Management. Create and format one or more
partitions on the second hard drive as desired.

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm