JB

Hi people,

I have connected to the internet using a brand new
computer, using BT Yahoo ISP. After approximately 2
minutes I get the following message pop up: -

"C:\windows\system32\iass.exe terminated status
unexpectedly with code - 1073741819"

It then gives me 30 seconds to exit all programmes and the
computer shuts down.

Any ideas please?

peter

I'm sorry to sorry to inform that your computer is
infected by Sasser worm virus.There was is remmoval tool
for this. Go to microsoft website & search for sasser
worm removal tool & there is a patch available just
download it.This should solve the issue & also up update
your antivirus.
Thanks.

JB wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I have connected to the internet using a brand new
> computer, using BT Yahoo ISP. After approximately 2
> minutes I get the following message pop up: -
>
> "C:\windows\system32\iass.exe terminated status
> unexpectedly with code - 1073741819"
>
> It then gives me 30 seconds to exit all programmes and the
> computer shuts down.
>
> Any ideas please?

Another idiot who doesn't know how to

a) Search

and

b) Install and configure a firewall (even enabling the ICF would be
sufficient).

You have been infected with Sasser - suggest you Google for removal
instructions - they've been posted here often enough. And learn the correct
way to connect to the internet - install, configure and turn on a firewall
/first/ - *before* you connect! That way, you won't become infected and you
won't have to read posts like this one!