Force feedback Pro

Paul

Splendid

I can't get my force feedback to work with XP. The green
LED is lit and I get the force of the joystick returning
to center but no force feedback effects. I'm unable to
test the forces under control panel, in windows 98 there
was a test forces effect under the joystick properties
but now in XP I cannot test the forces. It seems that
although the joysick is detected as a Force feedback Pro
it does not have force feedback and is instead used as a
standard joystick. In all the games I tried to use force
feedback but it doesn't work.
I have my joystick plugged into the gameport (its not USB)
and the latest drivers. Can anybody help?

Paul wrote:
> I can't get my force feedback to work with XP. The green
> LED is lit and I get the force of the joystick returning
> to center but no force feedback effects. I'm unable to
> test the forces under control panel, in windows 98 there
> was a test forces effect under the joystick properties
> but now in XP I cannot test the forces. It seems that
> although the joysick is detected as a Force feedback Pro
> it does not have force feedback and is instead used as a
> standard joystick. In all the games I tried to use force
> feedback but it doesn't work.
> I have my joystick plugged into the gameport (its not USB)
> and the latest drivers. Can anybody help?

The answer's simple - replace the stick. IIRC support for that stick was
withdrawn before Windows XP was released, so the chances of getting it to
work with XP are somewhere between none, zero and you gotta be kidding
right?!

lee

i have the same stick (gameport) and it works fine in xp
playing need for speed underground and other games but
some do have problems