Adding more ram to a A7V600

Hi,

I just have a question about adding ram to a A7V600 board.

I already have installed one stick of 256MB pc3200 and one stick of 256MB
PC2700 of ram. According my my MB manual I can only only install two sticks
of pc3200 ram.

I would like to upgrade to a 512MB stick hopefully soon. Now could I
install another stick of ram eg. pc2700 in the third open slot?

chris
1 answer Last reply
More about adding a7v600

    _chris_ wrote:

    > I already have installed one stick of 256MB pc3200 and one stick of
    > 256MB PC2700 of ram. According my my MB manual I can only only
    > install two sticks of pc3200 ram.

    I do not think the limitation is valid as long as you do not run the RAM at
    PC3200 speed.

    > I would like to upgrade to a 512MB stick hopefully soon. Now could I
    > install another stick of ram eg. pc2700 in the third open slot?

    If you run a 333MHz FSB CPU and run RAM at PC2700 speed: most probably.

Asus RAM Motherboards