Adding more ram to a A7V600

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
August 28, 2004 1:57:47 PM

Hi,

I just have a question about adding ram to a A7V600 board.

I already have installed one stick of 256MB pc3200 and one stick of 256MB
PC2700 of ram. According my my MB manual I can only only install two sticks
of pc3200 ram.

I would like to upgrade to a 512MB stick hopefully soon. Now could I
install another stick of ram eg. pc2700 in the third open slot?

chris

More about : adding ram a7v600

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 29, 2004 5:55:10 AM

_chris_ wrote:

> I already have installed one stick of 256MB pc3200 and one stick of
> 256MB PC2700 of ram. According my my MB manual I can only only
> install two sticks of pc3200 ram.

I do not think the limitation is valid as long as you do not run the RAM at
PC3200 speed.

> I would like to upgrade to a 512MB stick hopefully soon. Now could I
> install another stick of ram eg. pc2700 in the third open slot?

If you run a 333MHz FSB CPU and run RAM at PC2700 speed: most probably.
!