Hp Scanjet 3300c

I am running windows xp and i have a hp scanjet 3300c
scanner, and i have installed the software numerous times
and after each time it runs for awhile then i start to
get undifined error 2117. i then have to reload the
software which usually never loads right the first time.
i went to the hp site and i have the newest software and
i have tried the help option but nothing works. has
anyone else had/having this problem and what do you do to
get around it?

Download the latest drivers,

Then completely uninstall the scanner.

Then install it fresh beginning with the software and don't
connect the scanner until prompted.

"mike noland" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1af2c01c44f35$0652fee0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
| I am running windows xp and i have a hp scanjet 3300c
| scanner, and i have installed the software numerous times
| and after each time it runs for awhile then i start to
| get undifined error 2117. i then have to reload the
| software which usually never loads right the first time.
| i went to the hp site and i have the newest software and
| i have tried the help option but nothing works. has
| anyone else had/having this problem and what do you do to
| get around it?

i have done that