Which is Better - Epson R300 or Canon i960

My fifth HP died again. No more for them. I've looked at data and
can't find any good, factual reviews on the two printers.
Anybody got either, and what do you think of it? How's the quality?
I do about 50% text/graphics; 50% photo work.

information

Can only speak to the i960, it is a great machine

Check dpreview

"Henry Morrell" <hmorrell@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
: My fifth HP died again. No more for them. I've looked at data and
: can't find any good, factual reviews on the two printers.
: Anybody got either, and what do you think of it? How's the quality?
: I do about 50% text/graphics; 50% photo work.

"Henry Morrell" <hmorrell@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> My fifth HP died again. No more for them. I've looked at data and
> can't find any good, factual reviews on the two printers.
> Anybody got either, and what do you think of it? How's the quality?
> I do about 50% text/graphics; 50% photo work.

I could start a war on this one but, either is a good choice.... I
prefer Epson

I have the R300 and I love it! Text is great, photos are beautiful. I also
like the quality of the printed cd's.

"Henry Morrell" <hmorrell@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> My fifth HP died again. No more for them. I've looked at data and
> can't find any good, factual reviews on the two printers.
> Anybody got either, and what do you think of it? How's the quality?
> I do about 50% text/graphics; 50% photo work.

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have the i965 and have no complaints about he quality of photo printing,
just fantastic, I also just picked up the duplex unit for it and that works
like a treat :)

Gary

"Henry Morrell" <hmorrell@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> My fifth HP died again. No more for them. I've looked at data and
> can't find any good, factual reviews on the two printers.
> Anybody got either, and what do you think of it? How's the quality?
> I do about 50% text/graphics; 50% photo work.

Si

"Safetymom123" <safetymom123@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> I have the R300 and I love it! Text is great, photos are beautiful. I
also
> like the quality of the printed cd's.

Which brand of CD do you recommend?

Si.

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

my 3rd Epson died and I bought the i960 WOW! I love it.

"Information" <azhotmail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can only speak to the i960, it is a great machine
>
> Check dpreview
>

> "Henry Morrell" <hmorrell@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> : My fifth HP died again. No more for them. I've looked at data and
> : can't find any good, factual reviews on the two printers.
> : Anybody got either, and what do you think of it? How's the quality?
> : I do about 50% text/graphics; 50% photo work.

I have been using the Memorex.

"Si" <simon@nospamforme.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Safetymom123" <safetymom123@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> > I have the R300 and I love it! Text is great, photos are beautiful. I
> also
> > like the quality of the printed cd's.
> >

> Which brand of CD do you recommend?
>
> Si.

I have both an Epson1280 and a Canon 960 hooked up right now. Bottom line: I
would sooner give up the Epson, and I have been using Epsons since the first
700 photoquality printer.

Just got the R300 cheap (microcenter.com 20% off sale right now).

Like the 925 before, works just as nicely printing directly from the
digital camera cards w/o a PC, and the prints come out looking great.
Quieter than the 925, a touch faster, and nice direct-to-CD print
feature is added.

Solid as a rock, works 5 minutes out of the box and after the
brain-dead-easy CD install, and no problems at all. Certainly expect it
to run just like the 925 before w/o problems.

Highly recommended for a nice photo printer with direct-card print
capabilities.

----

Don't know about the i960, but the i550 here has been running fine for
ages as well, so expect the latest models to do well.

----

Keep in mind that 4x6" Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper 100pk is $15.
Canon 120 pk. of photo 4x6" is about $25.

That alone means your 4x6" prints will cost more based on paper alone.
(I've looked, everything's more expensive than Epson for 4x6" photo paper.)

-----

Quality? email me if you're in the USA and I can mail out some samples
from the R300.... but basically, looks great and I'd buy another w/o
hesitation -- really great glossy photo prints that look 'better' than
the semi-glossy Kodak Ultima film prints I've made from my local lab
(and the others who've seen both sets of prints agree). YOu can really
make better-than-film-prints nowadays.

Go for Canon 965i. I had 5 different printers but I am really impressed with
this one.