Windows 7 internet adapter bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

alhanelem

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
ok, im having a weird problem with win 7 everytime i start up. As soon as the desktop loads the icon for the 'network' says im not connected to the internet when i absolutely know i am. The only way i can fix this is by going into the adapter settings, disabling the 'local area connection' and enabling it after a few seconds.

this only started a few days ago and i have a dual boot of win xp and it never happens to it. Does anyone know how i can fix this? Its getting annoying to disable and then re-enable my internet connection EVERY time i start up.

Solution
Make sure your network adapter driver (in Win 7) is up to date. Don't just rely on Windows Update to manage for you. Determine what network adapter you have, then go to the vendor (Marvell, Realtek, Intel, etc) and download and install the most current version available. Should clear up your problem. Good luck!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Make sure your network adapter driver (in Win 7) is up to date. Don't just rely on Windows Update to manage for you. Determine what network adapter you have, then go to the vendor (Marvell, Realtek, Intel, etc) and download and install the most current version available. Should clear up your problem. Good luck!

Solution

tonmag

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012

I have the same problem. My network adapter driver is up to date. Any solutions to this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.