Jim

I'm the owner of an Acer Ferrari 3000.

Bought with XP Home and upgraded to XP Pro.

The problem I have is the following:

In the devicelist of my computer I can't find any display
adapters anymore. The VGASAVE driver is loaded know and I
can't use some DirectX functions. I've tried to reinstall
the ATI drivers, but they only give me the message;
installation failed; try to use a standard display driver
before installation etc....

I;ve send messages to Acer but they reply after a lot of
weeks and sent me to an office 2500 kms far away. Someone
with a suggestion?

I can provide you with more technical details if needed.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

You need to visit the ACER website and see if they have the
drivers you need. Your install probably over-wrote the
proprietary ACER drivers.

If ACER doesn't have them, try the ATI website.

"Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I'm the owner of an Acer Ferrari 3000.
|
| Bought with XP Home and upgraded to XP Pro.
|
| The problem I have is the following:
|
| In the devicelist of my computer I can't find any display
| adapters anymore. The VGASAVE driver is loaded know and I
| can't use some DirectX functions. I've tried to reinstall
| the ATI drivers, but they only give me the message;
| installation failed; try to use a standard display driver
| before installation etc....
|
| I;ve send messages to Acer but they reply after a lot of
| weeks and sent me to an office 2500 kms far away. Someone
| with a suggestion?
|
| I can provide you with more technical details if needed.
|
| Thanks in advance,
|
| Jim

I have done both.

1. The ATI site doesn't offer the right drivers, because
they don't support Notebook implementations (those will
vary.....)

2. The Acer site does offer the drivers, but with those
drivers I receive the messages as I told before.

The problem looks like Windows XP Pro is not able to
recognize my display adapter anymore. But as I really
don't know why I should not make any assumptions.

Thanks for your response anyway.

Jim

The ACER driver can be forced installed, ignore the warning.

| I have done both.
|
| 1. The ATI site doesn't offer the right drivers, because
| they don't support Notebook implementations (those will
| vary.....)
|
| 2. The Acer site does offer the drivers, but with those
| drivers I receive the messages as I told before.
|
| The problem looks like Windows XP Pro is not able to
| recognize my display adapter anymore. But as I really
| don't know why I should not make any assumptions.
|
| Thanks for your response anyway.
|
| Jim

| >|
| >| Bought with XP Home and upgraded to XP Pro.
| >|
| >| The problem I have is the following:
| >|
| >| In the devicelist of my computer I can't find any
| display
| >| adapters anymore. The VGASAVE driver is loaded know
| and I
| >| can't use some DirectX functions. I've tried to
| reinstall
| >| the ATI drivers, but they only give me the message;
| >| installation failed; try to use a standard display
| driver
| >| before installation etc....
| >|
| >| I;ve send messages to Acer but they reply after a lot
| of
| >| weeks and sent me to an office 2500 kms far away.
| Someone
| >| with a suggestion?
| >|
| >| I can provide you with more technical details if
| needed.
| >|
| >| Thanks in advance,
| >|
| >| Jim
| >

| >.

Jim

If you can tell me how, I would be very happy. But I'm
not receiving a warning but a message that the
installation will be aborted.

Anyway; if you know how to pass this by let me know.

Thanks.

Jim

a.. MS Windows XP Drivers & Utilies
Broadcom Wireless Lan Driver V3.30.15.0
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. AC'97 Sound System Software
Version A3.47
Chipset driver VIA SP 4.46v
MS DirectX 9.0b
VIA Rhine Family Fast Ethernet Adapter Driver
Launchmanager 1.05
Agere Modem driver V2.1.31
AMD Power Now driver v5.1.2600.1152
Synaptics Touchpad Driver for Windows 2000 / WinXP Version
7.5
ATI Graphics driver v6.14.10.6378 & VIA Graphics driver
v6.14.10.0055

BIOS and Guides
a.. Motherboard BIOS
Bios Version 3A22

b.. Technical Documentation
Manuals and Guides
Certificates

Note: Additional downloads may be available on our FTP site
Top of Page

Note, I think you may have the wrong file already downloaded
You should download the file from the ACER site, it will
probably be zipped.
The open the zip file into a folder the you should have an
exe file to run.

If you don't have the manual, download it.
see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=822798
about forcing installs

| If you can tell me how, I would be very happy. But I'm
| not receiving a warning but a message that the
| installation will be aborted.
|
| Anyway; if you know how to pass this by let me know.
|
| Thanks.
|
| Jim

| >|
| >| 1. The ATI site doesn't offer the right drivers,
| because
| >| they don't support Notebook implementations (those will
| >| vary.....)
| >|
| >| 2. The Acer site does offer the drivers, but with those
| >| drivers I receive the messages as I told before.
| >|
| >| The problem looks like Windows XP Pro is not able to
| >| recognize my display adapter anymore. But as I really
| >| don't know why I should not make any assumptions.
| >|
| >| Thanks for your response anyway.
| >|
| >| Jim