Dual booting Windows 95 & xp

I have windows XP on my computer and wish to add a second
hard disc which has Windows 95 on it. I would then like
to choose either os when I turn the computer on.
I do not want to have to uninstall XP and then create a
dual boot system from scratch.

Would just adding the 2nd hard disc as a slave work?
4 answers Last reply
More about dual booting windows

    "Mutley" <woofmutley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have windows XP on my computer and wish to add a second
    > hard disc which has Windows 95 on it. I would then like
    > to choose either os when I turn the computer on.
    > I do not want to have to uninstall XP and then create a
    > dual boot system from scratch.
    >
    > Would just adding the 2nd hard disc as a slave work?

    What file system do you use for WinXP?

    Teh Hard Disc is on FAT32

    If you want to dual boot without having to re-install either
    OS then you must use a third-party boot manager.
    I recommend XOSL, because it's well designed. It also
    happens to be free.

    However . . . I believe that in your situation you will
    have to install XOSL in its very own 15 MByte partition.
    This implies that require a disk partitioning tool such as
    Acronis PartitionManager.

    try www.osloader.com detects everything automatically and is easy to install
    --

    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    _____________

    ---

    "Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message
    > If you want to dual boot without having to re-install either
    > OS then you must use a third-party boot manager.
    > I recommend XOSL, because it's well designed. It also
    > happens to be free.
    >
    > However . . . I believe that in your situation you will
    > have to install XOSL in its very own 15 MByte partition.
    > This implies that require a disk partitioning tool such as
    > Acronis PartitionManager.
    >

    > "Mutler" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Teh Hard Disc is on FAT32

    ---