Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Dual booting Windows 95 & xp

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
June 11, 2004 8:08:19 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I have windows XP on my computer and wish to add a second
hard disc which has Windows 95 on it. I would then like
to choose either os when I turn the computer on.
I do not want to have to uninstall XP and then create a
dual boot system from scratch.

Would just adding the 2nd hard disc as a slave work?

More about : dual booting windows

Anonymous
June 12, 2004 2:18:57 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

"Mutley" <woofmutley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1b23301c44fa4$66edd530$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> I have windows XP on my computer and wish to add a second
> hard disc which has Windows 95 on it. I would then like
> to choose either os when I turn the computer on.
> I do not want to have to uninstall XP and then create a
> dual boot system from scratch.
>
> Would just adding the 2nd hard disc as a slave work?

What file system do you use for WinXP?
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 2:18:58 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Teh Hard Disc is on FAT32


>-----Original Message-----
>
>"Mutley" <woofmutley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:1b23301c44fa4$66edd530$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>> I have windows XP on my computer and wish to add a
second
>> hard disc which has Windows 95 on it. I would then
like
>> to choose either os when I turn the computer on.
>> I do not want to have to uninstall XP and then create a
>> dual boot system from scratch.
>>
>> Would just adding the 2nd hard disc as a slave work?
>
>What file system do you use for WinXP?
>
>
>.
>
Related resources
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 2:31:45 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

If you want to dual boot without having to re-install either
OS then you must use a third-party boot manager.
I recommend XOSL, because it's well designed. It also
happens to be free.

However . . . I believe that in your situation you will
have to install XOSL in its very own 15 MByte partition.
This implies that require a disk partitioning tool such as
Acronis PartitionManager.


"Mutler" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1b87c01c44fe0$8b87fbf0$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> Teh Hard Disc is on FAT32
>
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >
> >"Mutley" <woofmutley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >news:1b23301c44fa4$66edd530$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> >> I have windows XP on my computer and wish to add a
> second
> >> hard disc which has Windows 95 on it. I would then
> like
> >> to choose either os when I turn the computer on.
> >> I do not want to have to uninstall XP and then create a
> >> dual boot system from scratch.
> >>
> >> Would just adding the 2nd hard disc as a slave work?
> >
> >What file system do you use for WinXP?
> >
> >
> >.
> >
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 2:31:46 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

try www.osloader.com detects everything automatically and is easy to install
--

Hope this helps. Let us know.
_____________
Kenny S
www.computerboom.net
FREE programs and MORE!

---

"Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message
news:upov6kHUEHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> If you want to dual boot without having to re-install either
> OS then you must use a third-party boot manager.
> I recommend XOSL, because it's well designed. It also
> happens to be free.
>
> However . . . I believe that in your situation you will
> have to install XOSL in its very own 15 MByte partition.
> This implies that require a disk partitioning tool such as
> Acronis PartitionManager.
>
>
> "Mutler" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:1b87c01c44fe0$8b87fbf0$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> > Teh Hard Disc is on FAT32
> >
> >
> > >-----Original Message-----
> > >
> > >"Mutley" <woofmutley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >news:1b23301c44fa4$66edd530$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> > >> I have windows XP on my computer and wish to add a
> > second
> > >> hard disc which has Windows 95 on it. I would then
> > like
> > >> to choose either os when I turn the computer on.
> > >> I do not want to have to uninstall XP and then create a
> > >> dual boot system from scratch.
> > >>
> > >> Would just adding the 2nd hard disc as a slave work?
> > >
> > >What file system do you use for WinXP?
> > >
> > >
> > >.
> > >
>
>


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.703 / Virus Database: 459 - Release Date: 10/6/2004
!