USB Storage doesn't register

I have USB flash card with some documents that I am
trying to read. WHen I plugged it into the USB port, the
device was recognized just fine and Windows doesn't
report any driver problems. But the drive doesn't show
up in Explorer.

I tried the flash card on a Win2K machine and it worked
fine.

Anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks!

Ellie

terry

I had this and the first time I plugged it in it did not
register. I ran the Add/Remove Hardware and it found the
card and ever since it has been fine in XP, Win2K Pro and
Server, 98 and ME.

I had exactly the same situation. When I went on debugging, I found
(in computer management console) that drive letter 'I' was assigned to
the flash drive. As shown in windows explorer, however 'I' was a
network drive. Unmounting that did the thing for me. USB-fash
appeared.

I think XP wants to list all the removable media immediately after
harddrives (independet of network mounts) or something like that...

--
Tero Tilus ########### http://www.iki.fi/tero.tilus/
http://www.maahinkainen.org/ ## http://www.effi.org/