P4P800 SE - Not booting and no beeps from POST

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
August 30, 2004 3:19:38 AM

I just bought this board with a 2.8G P4, 1GB Kingston value ram (2x512MB),
Hitachi SATA drive and ATI 9600xt graphics card.

Installed them all into the new case (400W supply) and the LED on the board
lights up. Fans all turn. Drive spins up. But nothing to be seen on the
monitor and no beeps at all. Tried just the board then added cpu, memory,
etc until system fully connected and nothing from any combination.

Suspecting bad board as the cpu seems to warm up when powered up so might
not be that. Unfortunately I have nothing to test any parts with. This is
all new and my old PC won't take any of these parts.

I've double checked that all components are seated correctly and any
jumpers are set correctly.

Totally out of ideas.

Anyone got any ideas before I return it?

--
Alex Devlin

"I don't care who you want to speak to, or how far you came, or what you
have to offer. You CAN'T PARK HERE."
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 30, 2004 3:19:39 AM

"Alex Devlin" <Alex@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> I just bought this board with a 2.8G P4, 1GB Kingston value ram (2x512MB),
> Hitachi SATA drive and ATI 9600xt graphics card.
>
> Installed them all into the new case (400W supply) and the LED on the
board
> lights up. Fans all turn. Drive spins up. But nothing to be seen on the
> monitor and no beeps at all. Tried just the board then added cpu, memory,
> etc until system fully connected and nothing from any combination.
>
> Suspecting bad board as the cpu seems to warm up when powered up so might
> not be that. Unfortunately I have nothing to test any parts with. This is
> all new and my old PC won't take any of these parts.
>
> I've double checked that all components are seated correctly and any
> jumpers are set correctly.
>
> Totally out of ideas.
>
> Anyone got any ideas before I return it?
>
> --
> Alex Devlin
>
> "I don't care who you want to speak to, or how far you came, or what you
> have to offer. You CAN'T PARK HERE."

If it's a 2.8 prescott, it may not work unless it has the latest
bios.A
August 30, 2004 6:50:48 AM

Your the man resposible for the death of Harrison Ford's wife in the film
"The Fugitive",
I'm certainly not helping you out. I hope they throw away the key, and deny
you any more access to computers.

"Alex Devlin" <Alex@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
>I just bought this board with a 2.8G P4, 1GB Kingston value ram (2x512MB),
> Hitachi SATA drive and ATI 9600xt graphics card.

Related resources
August 30, 2004 7:21:27 AM

Prisoners doing a life sentence, should mean no luxuries.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 30, 2004 7:21:28 AM

On 29 Aug 2004, Alex wrote:

> Prisoners doing a life sentence, should mean no luxuries.

O...K...

--

!