How to prove dual channel and hyper threading?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
August 30, 2004 3:39:59 AM

How to prove that dual channel and hyper threading are actually working
for my box?
August 30, 2004 9:26:01 AM

The BIOS should say something like "Memory running at Dual Channel", when
the computer starts up.
If you have winXP, you can see If HT is enabled by bringing up the Task
manager, The Performance tab, and if theres 2 CPU windows displayed in the
usage history, you know its enabled.

Also,there an Intel Utilty
http://support.intel.com/support/processors/tools/htu/

"Elly" <Elly@helpdesk.com> wrote in message
> How to prove that dual channel and hyper threading are actually working
> for my box?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 30, 2004 12:46:18 PM

Also, my mobo shows HT enabled/disabled on the POST screen.
--
Doug Ramage

[Watch Spam Trap]

"Alex" <@> wrote in message
> The BIOS should say something like "Memory running at Dual Channel", when
> the computer starts up.
> If you have winXP, you can see If HT is enabled by bringing up the Task
> manager, The Performance tab, and if theres 2 CPU windows displayed in the
> usage history, you know its enabled.
>
> Also,there an Intel Utilty
> http://support.intel.com/support/processors/tools/htu/
>
> "Elly" <Elly@helpdesk.com> wrote in message
> > How to prove that dual channel and hyper threading are actually working
> > for my box?

Related resources
August 31, 2004 5:25:22 PM

Is Hyperthreading an Intel chip function only?

"Doug Ramage" <ramage@XXukaccountant.net> wrote in message
> Also, my mobo shows HT enabled/disabled on the POST screen.
> --
> Doug Ramage
>
> [Watch Spam Trap]
>
> "Alex" <@> wrote in message
>> The BIOS should say something like "Memory running at Dual Channel", when
>> the computer starts up.
>> If you have winXP, you can see If HT is enabled by bringing up the Task
>> manager, The Performance tab, and if theres 2 CPU windows displayed in
>> the
>> usage history, you know its enabled.
>>
>> Also,there an Intel Utilty
>> http://support.intel.com/support/processors/tools/htu/
>>
>> "Elly" <Elly@helpdesk.com> wrote in message
>> > How to prove that dual channel and hyper threading are actually working
>> > for my box?

September 1, 2004 3:20:26 AM

Yes.

!