Bobby

I have a Sony Clie (PDA)that is not recognized by XP.
After installing the included software, the device is
plugged in via the USB port. A memory stick is inserted
in the Clie. XP detects the device, but says:

Cannot Instal this Hardware

There was a problem installing this hardware:

Sony PEG Mass Storage

An error occurred during the installation of the divice:

The driver installation file for this device is missing a
necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written
for Windows 95 or later. Contact your hardware vendor.

I have tried everything I can think of. I downloaded SP1
for XP, as well as the new USB Driver updates. If anyone
has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,

Bobby U

There is a lot of information on the Sony Web Site
http://ciscdb.sel.sony.com/perl/select-clie.pl

Sony Memory Stick Does Not Work After You Format It with Your Computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303011&Product=winxp

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/