Flash BIOS offline

Does asus provide and offline alternative to downloading the bios ??
my piece of **** wont even survive long enough to get to the site before
reseting itself.

how am i writing this message you ponder .. somone elses computer with no
burner and seeing as how mine wont survive i cant even email to myself

aargh .. i dont like my expensive paperweight right now

JAZ

"Jaz" <reneejb@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
> Does asus provide and offline alternative to downloading the bios ??
> my piece of **** wont even survive long enough to get to the site before
> reseting itself.
>
> how am i writing this message you ponder .. somone elses computer with no
> burner and seeing as how mine wont survive i cant even email to myself
>
> aargh .. i dont like my expensive paperweight right now
>
> JAZ

What makes you think a bios flash will fix your problem?
Have you installed any new hardware or software.
Also have you tryed clearing the CMOS.
You could download the bios and flash program to
a floppy using the PC your posting from.

Jim M

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

"Jaz" <reneejb@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
> Does asus provide and offline alternative to downloading the bios ??
> my piece of **** wont even survive long enough to get to the site before
> reseting itself.
>
> how am i writing this message you ponder .. somone elses computer with no
> burner and seeing as how mine wont survive i cant even email to myself
>
> aargh .. i dont like my expensive paperweight right now
>
> JAZ

BIOS flash files will fit on a floppy disk, for obvious reasons.

Sounds like you have the sasser virus....

"Jaz" <reneejb@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
> Does asus provide and offline alternative to downloading the bios ??
> my piece of **** wont even survive long enough to get to the site before
> reseting itself.
>
> how am i writing this message you ponder .. somone elses computer with no
> burner and seeing as how mine wont survive i cant even email to myself
>
> aargh .. i dont like my expensive paperweight right now
>
> JAZ

"Jaz" <reneejb@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
> Does asus provide and offline alternative to downloading the bios ??
> my piece of **** wont even survive long enough to get to the site before
> reseting itself.

Tell your friend to fix the date on his pc ;) It's a day ahead....

Fix your PC's clock, please.

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:45:17 -0700, "Jaz" <reneejb@ihug.com.au> wrote:

> Does asus provide and offline alternative to downloading the bios ??
> my piece of **** wont even survive long enough to get to the site before
> reseting itself.

That sounds like you need to reinstall your operating system rather than reflash
the BIOS.

im sure that a joke and im probably not suposed to get it but wanna try
explaining anyhow ??

> im sure that a joke and im probably not suposed to get it but wanna try
> explaining anyhow ??

Is your system still broke? Here's a link on the sasser virus, sound like a
possibility to me.
http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser.mspx

> *FTB*~PrimeEvil~ <prmevil37@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Sounds like you have the sasser virus....
>>
>> "Jaz" <reneejb@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
>> > Does asus provide and offline alternative to downloading the bios ??
>> > my piece of **** wont even survive long enough to get to the site
>> > before
>> > reseting itself.
>> >
>> > how am i writing this message you ponder .. somone elses computer with
> no
>> > burner and seeing as how mine wont survive i cant even email to myself
>> >
>> > aargh .. i dont like my expensive paperweight right now
>> >
>> > JAZ

Tim

Before you contemplate flashing the bios, I urge you to fix whatever is
causing you system instability otherwise you are likely to have it crash
during a bios flash and be stuck with a dead system.

So, start at the beginning.
Was the system ever stable? If so, leave the bios alone for the time being.
Did you change anything at about the time it became unstable?
Have you added new hardware? Memory?
Have you upgraded any drivers?

Are you running XP? If so what do the BSOD's say? If you are not getting to
see the BSOD's then go into the control panel, system, advanced, startup,
and untick the automatic restart. Research the BSOD STOP code and take note
of any driver names displayed near the top of the screen.

If the system has never been stable, then:
I would strip the system down to minimum hardware and use tools such as
memtest86 to ensure there are no memory issues. Then build the system up
again one item at a time until the problem reappears.
Have you correctly reset the CMOS? Have you tried loading bios defaults?

- Tim

"Jaz" <reneejb@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
> Does asus provide and offline alternative to downloading the bios ??
> my piece of **** wont even survive long enough to get to the site before
> reseting itself.
>
> how am i writing this message you ponder .. somone elses computer with no
> burner and seeing as how mine wont survive i cant even email to myself
>
> aargh .. i dont like my expensive paperweight right now
>
> JAZ

wednesday september 1 is the date today here in aus .. 2.27pm to be precise

> wednesday september 1 is the date today here in aus .. 2.27pm to be
> precise

Which shows up as 05:28 here as the time you posted that (UK)

Timezones fix the problem of posts appearing in the future - either his
clock is wrong (the OP), or he's configured himself in the wrong timezone.

Jaz wrote:
> give it a minute after posting that message and lo and behold crash !
> memtest 86 wont run .. it says loading flashes somthing on a blue
> screen and resets adn we go through the loop again untill i eject the
> disk
> on a side note .. if i had gone crazy and flashed the bios can it be
> undone ??

If your system is unable to run Memtest without crashing, do not even think
of flashing the BIOS.

Have you plugged in the 4 pin CPU power conn to the board?
Does your ATX P/S even have one?
Needs it though.!!