I'm running
2 Sticks of Geil 512MB PC-3200 DDR-400 184-Pin &
1 of Geil 256MB PC-3200 DDR-400 RAM 184-pin

I was just reading that the Best Performance is from 2 Identical sticks of
ram with a Motherboard running in dual-channel mode, verses 3 sticks in
single-channel mode....

So if i have the extra stick of 256 that means the system is running in
single-channel mode??

Thanks

Yes.
3 sticks is single channel.

Your Motherboard has to support it too. It will have 4
RAM slots in 2 groups.

01 01

If you're in dual channel mode, you will have to make
sure you have your 2 sticks of 512 in the same channel,
being either both in 0 or both in 1.

Adding the 3rd stick is knocking it back to single
channel.

I'm not sure if you can get another stick of 256 to put
in the other channel or if all 4 have to be 512.

The Link dosen't work but, Is it any faster to run the 2 - 512 sticks in
Dual Channel, or the 3 sticks in single channel

I have the 2 - 512 sticks in the O and the 1 256 in the I slot.. it
won't allow 4 stick of ddr ram only non-dual sticks in all 4 slots.

"SSDD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Yes.
> 3 sticks is single channel.
>
> Your Motherboard has to support it too. It will have 4
> RAM slots in 2 groups.
>
> 01 01
>
> If you're in dual channel mode, you will have to make
> sure you have your 2 sticks of 512 in the same channel,
> being either both in 0 or both in 1.
>
> Adding the 3rd stick is knocking it back to single
> channel.
>
> I'm not sure if you can get another stick of 256 to put
> in the other channel or if all 4 have to be 512.

Take the 256 out, you don't need it. Dual channel is
faster.