Can't Access Comm Port

June 13, 2004 5:00:39 AM

After I installed ActiveSync 3.7.1. I cannot access the
comm port with any other program. Including
HyperTerminal. Even after The wescomm.exe is turned off I
can't use com1. I have to uninstall com1 from hardware
manager and reboot and it works fine untill I reboot
again. Then I need to repeat the uninstall process. Has
anyone seen this? And has anyone found a fix?

More about : access comm port

Anonymous
June 13, 2004 4:18:20 PM

"Keith" <keithleblanc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1be7501c4511c$8416fe10$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> After I installed ActiveSync 3.7.1. I cannot access the
> comm port with any other program. Including
> HyperTerminal. Even after The wescomm.exe is turned off I
> can't use com1. I have to uninstall com1 from hardware
> manager and reboot and it works fine untill I reboot
> again. Then I need to repeat the uninstall process. Has
> anyone seen this? And has anyone found a fix?

If your WinCE machine connects via COM1, ActiveSync will own the port -
nothing to do about this except of closing ActiveSync.
If you use other port or USB, unchecking COM1 in connection
options of ActiveSync can help.

--PA
!