Can't Access Comm Port

After I installed ActiveSync 3.7.1. I cannot access the
comm port with any other program. Including
HyperTerminal. Even after The wescomm.exe is turned off I
can't use com1. I have to uninstall com1 from hardware
manager and reboot and it works fine untill I reboot
again. Then I need to repeat the uninstall process. Has
anyone seen this? And has anyone found a fix?
1 answer Last reply
More about access comm port

    "Keith" <keithleblanc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1be7501c4511c$8416fe10$a001280a@phx.gbl...
    > After I installed ActiveSync 3.7.1. I cannot access the
    > comm port with any other program. Including
    > HyperTerminal. Even after The wescomm.exe is turned off I
    > can't use com1. I have to uninstall com1 from hardware
    > manager and reboot and it works fine untill I reboot
    > again. Then I need to repeat the uninstall process. Has
    > anyone seen this? And has anyone found a fix?

    If your WinCE machine connects via COM1, ActiveSync will own the port -
    nothing to do about this except of closing ActiveSync.
    If you use other port or USB, unchecking COM1 in connection
    options of ActiveSync can help.

    --PA

Comm Port Hardware Microsoft Windows XP