Windows safe mode and P4C800 Deluxe. How?

ceebee

If I boot up with a P4C800 Deluxe I can't get into Windows XP safe mode.
Hitting F8 gives me a list of boot devices, and not the XP menu to
select safe mode.

I've been searching around BIOS for a setup on that but obviously I am
missing something. How do I boot up in safe mode with the P4C800?

Thanks,

--
CeeBee

Archer: "Houdini could get out of this."
T'Pol: "Perhaps you should invite him on your next mission."

Picard: "Mr. Worf, do you know Gilbert and Sullivan?"
Worf: "No sir, I have not had a chance to meet all the new crew members
since I have been back."

You're hitting F8 too soon; that invokes -- as you've discovered -- the BIOS
boot menu. Try hitting F8 a few times the instant the machine starts to boot
from the hard disk -- a trifle after the "hit ESC to boot" message ends. HTH

formerprof

"CeeBee" <ceebeechester@start.com.au> wrote in message
> If I boot up with a P4C800 Deluxe I can't get into Windows XP safe mode.
> Hitting F8 gives me a list of boot devices, and not the XP menu to
> select safe mode.
>
> I've been searching around BIOS for a setup on that but obviously I am
> missing something. How do I boot up in safe mode with the P4C800?
>
> Thanks,
>

> --
> CeeBee
>

> Archer: "Houdini could get out of this."
> T'Pol: "Perhaps you should invite him on your next mission."
>

> Picard: "Mr. Worf, do you know Gilbert and Sullivan?"
> Worf: "No sir, I have not had a chance to meet all the new crew members
> since I have been back."

ceebee

"Formerprof" <formerprof@yahoo.com> wrote in
alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus:

> You're hitting F8 too soon; that invokes -- as you've discovered --
> the BIOS boot menu. Try hitting F8 a few times the instant the machine
> starts to boot from the hard disk -- a trifle after the "hit ESC to
> boot" message ends. HTH
>
> formerprof

Thanks! I'll give it a try.