memory device recognizing

kyle

my windows xp has a hard time recognizing memory drives
when I plug them in. sometimes it recognizes and
sometimes it doesn't. does anyone have any idea why this
might happen.

Thanks.

Kyle,

This could be because the memory drive could be only USB 1.1 compliant and
it's being plugged into a USB 2.0 port.

If the memory drive is USB 2.0 compliant then it wouldn't matter whether
it's being plugged into a 1.1 or a 2.0 port.

Nospam