New System Help

G

Hello to anyone more computer-savvy than myself. I'm putting a new system together and think I may have totally botched it. I need help diagnosing what I may have fried.

Parts: 1.0 Ghz Tbird, 256MB DIMM, IWILL KA266 m/b, Enlight 7237 case w/300W PS, GeForce2 GTS

Problem: When I turn on the power all fans/lights come on but I'm not getting any video output at all, even when I swap video cards/monitors. Nothing appears to be smoking/burning and I think I've attached everything correctly.

Question: Have I fried the m/b, cpu, and/or ram? Or could the problem be related to something else(jumper setting, component incompatability, general stupidity?)

Thanks for any assistance you can provide,

Moron123

G

Sorry about asking the same question as other posters, but it doesn't seem like the question got any answers in other threads.

At any rate, I've checked all my connections and still nothing, the system is still failing to post and I'm getting no beeps.

Moron123

G

Check the voltage setting on your power supply. I had the same problems as you and realized my power supply had been shipped in the 230V position which is incorrect in the US where we use 115V electricity. The sad thing is I'm a computer engineer and didn't even notice the problem for a couple weeks.

Foolscap

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2001
If you have an old pc around, try swapping out the cpu (if compatible).
I had a fried cpu once and it gave me the same results .. my system would power up but I got no display at all.

<font color=blue>Reality lies in the parameters of knowledge.</font color=blue>

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Make sure your agp card is seated right. I replaced my vid card I put it in and screwed it into place, but it wouldnt work. Turns out the plate was a bit out of place so the back of the card wasnt making contact. Loosened the screws up by the vga out, move the plate and pressed tha card all the way in. Tightened everything back up, worked fine after that.

Speak softly and carry a big stick. Shooting your mouth off only proves you have a small one...