Unidentifiable STOP: 0x000000c5 Error

I recently received the following error on a machine
running WinXP Pro:
STOP: 0x000000c5 (0x3F3F3F3F, 0x00000002, 0x00000001,
0x80465061).
The error message also indicated that the error resulted
from a hardware driver failure or corruption. The
message further recommended rebooting in safe mode and
running the Driver Verifier.
My computer will not boot in any safe mode. It sisplays
the same error message and reboots before I can read the
message. In addition, I cannot reinstall WinXP on the
system. Such an endeavor always results in the same
error.
I have taken every peripheral out of the system in order
to try to reinstall WinXP, to no avail. I have also
flashed the BIOS back to its original version (which is
incompatible with XP) and then back to its current
version, also to no avail. My system has been running in
its current hardware configuration for the past three
months, with no problem. These are my system specs:
- P4 1.7 GHz
- 512 MB RAMM (both 256MB crucial DIMMs)
- Gigabyte GA-8IRXP motherboard with Promise Fastrack
MB133 RAID controller
- 2 Maxtor 30GB Hard Drives in RAID 0 Array (functional)
- ATI Radeon 9600XT w/256MB RAM
- Sound Blaster Live! Sound Board
- 3COM 3C905B 10/100 NIC

Stop Error Messages