Onboard Audio Legacy

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
September 2, 2004 10:36:58 PM

Thanks Paul for help in the last post. How do I disable Onboard Audio
Legacy, there is nothing named like that in my bios? My Bios is Award
Medallion (12/09/99), mb is Asus P3C2000.

More about : onboard audio legacy

September 3, 2004 5:16:22 AM

In article <182f0acb.0409021736.56ad3e2c@posting.google.com>,
tuutana@hotmail.com (tuutana) wrote:

> Thanks Paul for help in the last post. How do I disable Onboard Audio
> Legacy, there is nothing named like that in my bios? My Bios is Award
> Medallion (12/09/99), mb is Asus P3C2000.

In the manual, they list two jumpers for audio. They are called
AUD_EN1 and AUD_EN2.

From page 20 of the motherboard manual p3c2000-103.pdf from the
Asus download page:

5) Onboard Audio CODEC Setting (AUD_EN1 / AUD_EN2)
(available on audio model only)

The onboard audio CODEC may be enabled or disabled using all
of these jumpers. Disable the onboard audio CODEC if you are
using an ISA or PCI audio card on any of the expansion slots
or a primary AMR on the AMR slot (see AMR Slot later in this
section). If using an ISA or PCI audio expansion card,
On-board AC97 Audio Controller in 4.4.2 I/O Device
Configuration must also be disabled.

On page 70 of the manual, it explains the "Onboard AC97 Audio
Controller" setting and it should be set to [Disabled] as
well as disabling the jumpers.

HTH,
Paul
!