Can I use an XP home upgrade on a PC that originally had
XP Home OEM or do I have to buy a full version?

Upgraded CPU and MOBO from 266 FSB to 333 FSB, still
using same hard drive w/ OEM XP Home. Have no disc for XP.

"leonidman" <leonidman@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Can I use an XP home upgrade on a PC that originally had
> XP Home OEM or do I have to buy a full version?
>
> Upgraded CPU and MOBO from 266 FSB to 333 FSB, still
> using same hard drive w/ OEM XP Home. Have no disc for XP.

To use the upgrade, at some point you'd need a previous version to upgrade
from. If you don't have 98, ME, etc. you wouldn't be able to install the
upgrade.

NO! You can not upgrade to HOME from HOME.

You could upgrade to PRO from HOME.