Hercules 3D Prophet 4500

Hi Group,

i recently received the above Graphic card as a present. (Brand New!!) I
would like to mount it in my daughters Computer, but the mainboard specs
say it has to run on 1,5V and not 3,3. It is a regular AGP Slot card,
but I haven't been able to find any specs with this prerequisite. (By
googling it I find 1000's of websites, but nothing with this
specification. Can anyone hlep me?

I am also looking for a decent 128 AGP, with the same prerequisites; any
recommendations out there?

Thanks in advance

GL

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:07:00 +0200, Geddy Lee <nospam@for.me> wrote:

>Hi Group,
>
>i recently received the above Graphic card as a present. (Brand New!!) I
>would like to mount it in my daughters Computer, but the mainboard specs
>say it has to run on 1,5V and not 3,3. It is a regular AGP Slot card,
>but I haven't been able to find any specs with this prerequisite. (By
>googling it I find 1000's of websites, but nothing with this
>specification. Can anyone hlep me?
>
>I am also looking for a decent 128 AGP, with the same prerequisites; any
> recommendations out there?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>GL

GL,

From the Hercules support site at:

http://us.hercules.com/support/kyro_faq.php3

I heard that KYRO II-based graphic cards, such as the 3D Prophet 4500,
could cause the frying of motherboards based on i845 and i850.
This assumption is wrong. The 3D Prophet 4500 works perfectly with
i845 and i850-based motherboards, the typical motherboard controllers
for Pentium 4.

Actually, motherboards based on i845 and i850 are AGP 4X, 2X, 1X, and
support only 1.5-volt AGP signals.

An AGP 4X graphics board delivers 1.5-volt AGP signals; an AGP 2X
graphics board (typically 3D Prophet 4500) can actually deliver both
1.5 and 3.3 volt AGP signal.

If the motherboard is based on I845 or I850, then 3D Prophet 4500 will
automatically deliver 1.5-volt AGP signals.

The 3D Prophet 4500 has been successfully tested on the following
motherboards for Pentium 4:
Intel 850

o AOpen AX4T
o Asus P4T
o Gigabyte GA-8TX
o Intel D850GB
o MSI MS-6339

Intel 845

o Epox 4B2A2
o MSI 845Pro
o MSI 845 Pro2

I have used the Hercules 3D Prophet 4500 card and would seriously
rather use an ATI Radeon 9700 or so with 128MB or more.

Bob Tyler...
Tyler Systems, LLC