upgrade hard drive

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hi all
At the moment i have a 80gb hard drive on my dell
2400 dimension. I want to up it to 120gb what i need to
know is do i have to purchase a dell hard drive or will a
mainstream brand be ok to operate my system.
thanxs all

Dell has a hidden partition that they add to the hard drives
they buy and install. The function is to allow Dell
software to install. I suggest that you call Dell and
discuss the issue.
Any hard drive that meets the supported specs will work, I
think Dell uses Maxtor drives.

"steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1c05701c451e8$38cedc80$a401280a@phx.gbl...
| Hi all
| At the moment i have a 80gb hard drive on my dell
| 2400 dimension. I want to up it to 120gb what i need to
| know is do i have to purchase a dell hard drive or will a
| mainstream brand be ok to operate my system.
| thanxs all

"steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
> At the moment i have a 80gb hard drive on my dell
> 2400 dimension. I want to up it to 120gb what i need to
> know is do i have to purchase a dell hard drive or will a
> mainstream brand be ok to operate my system.
> thanxs all

Dell don't make hard disks; they buy them from the same places
as everyone else: Seagate, Maxtor etc.