Paul

Splendid

hi -

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 running WinXP Home. It has
a Dell USB mouse attached. Generally, the mouse works
fine, but every now and then the pointer will drift
slowly to another location when I'm trying to click on
something, or it will just fly quickly to the opposite
edge of the screen. It always responds to my mouse
movement to bring it back where I want it to be, but this
is really annoying ... and I don't know what could be
causing it....?

any ideas will be greatly appreciated ....

thanks,

paul

I would try a different mouse and see if the problem goes
away. Borrow one, either USB or PS/2 and try it for 15 or
20 minutes. Always power off before removing or adding a
mouse.

Good Luck !

Hi, Paul.

Do you have voice recognition software? I've heard of cases where an open
mike can cause such erratic mouse movements.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX