Hi All,
Not sure if this is the right place for this post, but I could not locate a
printer NG. I'm looking for a color laserjet replacement for my boss'
(color inkjet) HP 1700d, which has been quite a workhorse, but has been put
through the paces and is now being retired. I have narrowed the field to HP
color laserjet 3500, Samsung 550 and Konica Minolta 2300DL. I have no
experience with color lasers and am relying almost solely on specs and as
many reviews as I could locate.
Our agency is a nonprofit (around 95 emps); our IT guy is bogged down with
assisting at our other two sites and has pretty much left this decision up
to me.

I'm trying not to go over the $1,000 price range. Any worthwhile sites or
suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance.

-RCB

Check PC World www.pcworld.com for reviews.
Be sure to look at cost of consumables and per page cost.

Check for service availability and pages per month ratings,
to small a rating will cause problems.

RCB wrote:
> Hi All,
> Not sure if this is the right place for this post, but I could not
> locate a printer NG. I'm looking for a color laserjet replacement
> for my boss' (color inkjet) HP 1700d, which has been quite a
> workhorse, but has been put through the paces and is now being
> retired. I have narrowed the field to HP color laserjet 3500,
> Samsung 550 and Konica Minolta 2300DL. I have no experience with
> color lasers and am relying almost solely on specs and as many
> reviews as I could locate.
> Our agency is a nonprofit (around 95 emps); our IT guy is bogged down
> with assisting at our other two sites and has pretty much left this
> decision up to me.
>
> I'm trying not to go over the $1,000 price range. Any worthwhile
> sites or suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance.
>
> -RCB

comp.periphs.printers on your ISP's server.

Also, check the price for the replacement toner cartridges. Printer are
getting cheaper in prices since most manufacturer make their money on the
replacement toner cartridges (consumables).