Asus P4C800E Delux bios 1017

Has the update been removed? None of the Asus sites have it at this
time.

Funny how you try to download this all day and an hour after one asks
the question it is working again, thanks.

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 20:59:26 -0500, "Michael S."
<mspurgeon5@comcast.net> wrote:

>appears to be here--link was active, although I did not go ahead and
>download it
>
>http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4C800-E%20Deluxe&Type=All&SLanguage=en-us
>
>MikeSp
>-------------------------------------
>
>"dh" <hemm99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Has the update been removed? None of the Asus sites have it at this
>> time.

I've just gone back to 1016.
1017 took ages to p.o.s.t.

> Funny how you try to download this all day and an hour after one asks
> the question it is working again, thanks.

Me too

Was about to ask others what was the delay in booting.

Guess it was 1017....

AlexN wrote:
> I've just gone back to 1016.
> 1017 took ages to p.o.s.t.
>

> "dh" <hemm99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Funny how you try to download this all day and an hour after one asks
>>the question it is working again, thanks.

louise

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2003

In article <HtN3d.8106$mb6.7226@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
jerrham@pobox.com says...
> Me too
>

> Was about to ask others what was the delay in booting.
>

> Guess it was 1017....
>

> AlexN wrote:
> > I've just gone back to 1016.
> > 1017 took ages to p.o.s.t.
> >

> > "dh" <hemm99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>Funny how you try to download this all day and an hour after one asks
> >>the question it is working again, thanks.

I'm a newbie to custom built machines and asus motherboards - had Dells
for years until they simply didn't meet my needs on any level.

So, I have my P4C800 E Deluxe for a year now and I'm about to add two
more sticks of memory to bring it up to 2 gig.

But I'm terrified to update the bios although I did it with the "user
friendliness" of Dell many many times.

If someone wouldn't mind, could you please give me very precise
instructions as to how to flash the bios on the P4C800-E Deluxe.

Thanks a lot.

Louise

Louise <none@nospam.com> wrote in news:MPG.1c1b35ac7a3cdcc3989753
@news.newsguy.com:

> If someone wouldn't mind, could you please give me very precise
> instructions as to how to flash the bios on the P4C800-E Deluxe.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Louise

I just updated to 1019 last night without any problem. I refuse to put a
floppy drive on my "modern" computer so I just used the Asus Update
program which runs in Windows. Make sure it's V.5.22.02 (available on
Asus).

1. Download BIOS for your board here :
http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4C800-E%
20Deluxe

2. Unzip the file somewhere (remember where)

3. Run the Asus update program and chose the second option from the
dropdown box "Update Bios from a File"

4. Select your unzipped file and let it do the rest.

Take note. All the bios settings are reset to default. So make a note of
what you've modified in your current settings. It's a bit of a pain
because I don't use my promise controller (and have to turn it off
again, it defaults to having a floppy drive as your first boot up
source, etc) However, once you reset your bios parameters you're good to
go.

Good luck!

Jay

Where is the latest Asus update program? I can't find it.

Thanks

"Jgibbs" <JLdeleteGibbs30@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Louise <none@nospam.com> wrote in news:MPG.1c1b35ac7a3cdcc3989753
> @news.newsguy.com:
>
>> If someone wouldn't mind, could you please give me very precise
>> instructions as to how to flash the bios on the P4C800-E Deluxe.
>>
>> Thanks a lot.
>>
>> Louise
>>

> I just updated to 1019 last night without any problem. I refuse to put a
> floppy drive on my "modern" computer so I just used the Asus Update
> program which runs in Windows. Make sure it's V.5.22.02 (available on
> Asus).
>
> 1. Download BIOS for your board here :
> http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4C800-E%
> 20Deluxe
>
> 2. Unzip the file somewhere (remember where)
>
> 3. Run the Asus update program and chose the second option from the
> dropdown box "Update Bios from a File"
>
> 4. Select your unzipped file and let it do the rest.
>
> Take note. All the bios settings are reset to default. So make a note of
> what you've modified in your current settings. It's a bit of a pain
> because I don't use my promise controller (and have to turn it off
> again, it defaults to having a floppy drive as your first boot up
> source, etc) However, once you reset your bios parameters you're good to
> go.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Jay

TRENDING THREADS