Wireless Connection

Just got a new laptop. It came with XP Home, and my
wireless connection worked fine. I had to upgrade to XP
Pro so I could joing our domain. Now my wireless
connection isn't working.

The device says it is fine but it won't show any wireless
networks and the "advanced" button is greyed out.

As this worked in "Home", I am sure it works in Pro.
What do I have to do to get this working???

Thanx
Tom

chen

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

What wireless card are you using? Did you get extra configuration tools
together with your card? Some companies like D-Link have their own config
programs...

And, are you sure that your "domain" and your card is using the same
frequenses (both using b/g or both using a)?

// Chen

"Tom Harris" <tharris@goldprospectors.org> skrev i meddelandet
> Just got a new laptop. It came with XP Home, and my
> wireless connection worked fine. I had to upgrade to XP
> Pro so I could joing our domain. Now my wireless
> connection isn't working.
>
> The device says it is fine but it won't show any wireless
> networks and the "advanced" button is greyed out.
>
> As this worked in "Home", I am sure it works in Pro.
> What do I have to do to get this working???
>
> Thanx
> Tom

Not an add on card. It's embeded on the machine. Both
are using "G".

Like I said, it worked before i upgraded to Pro....